Ladies and gentlemen! I introduce to you, Miss Bri Babineaux!
A few months ago I stumbled across Bri Babineaux () singing on YouTube. She is a talented and brave young woman with a new album titled “Keys to My Heart.” Her first single “I’ll Be The One” has been on my mind for quite some time as I wondered if God could use me to be the one. According to Ezekiel 22:30, the Lord was looking for someone to stand in the gap but could not find one, today young Bri sings she will stand in the gap.
This song among many others on her album are completely inspiring to anyone who hears. From beginning to end, there is not any song you will want to skip over. As I played the album through on Spotify, I claimed each one as my favorite. Her voice, the music, the words and the annointing of her songs usher the Lord’s presence into my office, car and home. I love this album!
Bri shares her testimony on the album like a vocal journal of her experience with being transformed by God to be used for others. I personally am so thankful for her willingness to surrender because it has helped me. As I am writing this, I decided to listen to the album over again in its entirety to give you my response to the music
1. Intro – I think I might like this. It definitely sounds like something I can bump in my car..she gave God the keys to her heart. I want to do that. Lord help me give more of myself to you. (Oh song 2 has started)
2. Heaven Must Be Something Like This – Yes, this girl can sing! I want to hear the praise team sing this. Loving the words. Our hearts are crying, “HOLY! HOLY!” I love the different melodies, it’s almost like three songs put together. “I enter the throne room and bow to my knees.” Then there are the two sections where she breaks down with no music and sings Holy over and over. I love it! Yes Heaven must be something like this because I feel His presence.
3. Run Over – At first listen I understood the song to be a reminder that God is gentle, He will not force His way into our lives. So He is telling us to accept His love into our lives. I like the word “let”, which means it is a choice to accept what He is offering.
4. I’ll Be the One (Lyric Video) – To be honest, when I first heard the song I thought I want want to be the one He can use, send and trust but I’m scared. People in the bible were persecuted and this is not the most desireable way to end one’s life. So as much as her words are important, I wanted to be the one “as long as I was safe and free from criticize. This song has helped me start this blog because I have changed from my old self, though not perfect I am different and I did not want people to see this and judge me. But when I think about being afraid of what others say or do so many scriptures come to mind to encourage me to go forward to share God’s word. “For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. ” Matthew 16:25; Mark 8:35; Luke 9:24 and above all else I remember Isaiah 54:17 “No weapon formed against you shall prosper, and every tongue which rises against you in judgment you shall condemn.”
5. My Everything – This song is so beautiful. God is my everything. Give it all up, the unhealthy relationship, the job you only have for the money, the storage unit you keep full of things you may need in the future, etc. Let (there’s that word again) God be your everything. If you have no money but you have God, you are rich. No food but you have God, you will be fed. Have everything with God and in return give Him you.
6. Jacob’s Song – Most repeat! I had heard in passing about Jacob’s struggle with the angel (Gen. 32:22-31) but reading the story was moving and then to hear a song about it. I definitely have some things before the Lord and bound to hold on and not move until He blesses me. And just like Moses, I will not go forward unless His presence goes with me so people will see I am a child of God. Bless my soul and change my name. I refuse to let go!
7. I’m Desperate (feat. Sha Simpson) – I get chills listening to her plea. This is so honest and raw. I need to be free. Delivered. I have definitely been in this situation where I need soul ties and generational curses broken. If you have never been desperate for a true change and God’s hand to move in your life, the song might not hit home for you but if you are at that point where something has got to change and you know no one can do it but Jesus be desperate for Him (but don’t make the mistake of forgetting Him when He does).
8. Love You Forever – It is so sweet, this is a song of true trust. I will love you “even if it never gets better.” God is acknowledged, praised, glorified and trusted. This song is one of commitment, I will love you forever. The words “I will” are powerful, they are a promise, a covenant, an assurance, an agreement, a vow, a contract. She recognizes her life with God may not be ideal, things may not change, they may stay the same and she accepts and still dedicates her life to loving God. Now this is God, Alpha and Omega, her personal savior, Father and Friend which means He can do anything, change anything and give the perfect life we all dream of but she understands though He has all that power He may not do it but she is grateful for what He does give. Her love is not conditional it is unchanging. I will love you forever is a song of commitment, God will hear so be careful to sing along if you are not ready to love God through the times He does not move how/when you want.
9. Grace – Have you ever spent time with God really asking for forgiveness for things you have done in detail? If so, you will completely appreciate the grace He gives. “I’m thankful for Your grace.”
10. Lord of All – I grew in a Pentecostal church so I absolutely love how upbeat this song. Dance. Clap. Beat the tambourine (especially at the end). “YOU ARE THE LORD OF ALL! YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MADE A WAY OUT OF NO WAY!”
11. Holy Spirit – This is a cover of Francesca Battistelli’s song. Both versions are amazing!
12. Set a Fire – Jesus Culture cover. Another song with powerful words. Singing to God is praise, in the words of India Arie it is called a Songversation. Asking God to move and lead from within means the Lord begin to give you unctions to do things out of your comfort zone, give, pray, donate, and share. So after do not be surprised if you have this song on repeat for a week and you recognize you now have a soft spot for the homeless you previously pass without a care or you now want to go check on your elderly neighbor across the street.
These are not just careless words to set to beautiful melodies, they have meaning. I hope you enjoy this album as much as I have. See you on the next Spotlight.